ICC Player Rankings for ODI Batsmen: Indian cricketer Virat Kohli reclaimed the number one position
The Indian cricketer Virat Kohli reclaimed the number one position in the ICC Player Rankings for ODI Batsmen. He was able to claim the first position by gaining 12 points during the Asia Cup by scoring 189 runs in three innings with 136 against Bangladesh. He is followed by South African ODI captain AB de Villers, who was at the first position before the Asia Cup.
Top position in the International Cricket Council (ICC) Player Rankings for
- Test Batsman: A.B. de Villiers (South Africa)
- Test Bowlers: D.W. Steyn (SA)
- ODI Bowlers: Saeed Ajmal (Pakistan)
- Twenty20 Batsmen: B.B. McCullum (New Zealand)
- Twenty 20 Bowlers: S.P. Narine (West Indies)
Note: In the One-Day International (ODI) bowlers, India spinner Ravindra Jadeja jumped four places to fifth in the bowlers’ rankings.