IIT Bombay launches Mass Open Online Courses (MOOC)
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay has launched Mass Open Online Courses (MOOC) in three subjects, computer programming, thermodynamics, and signals and systems.
It aims to provide mass online education programme that will provide free online courses by giving access to high quality, IIT-style education to Indian students in Indian language.
Key features of Mass Open Online Courses (MOOC)
- It is launched as part of institute’s IITBombayX platform developed in collaboration with edX, a not-for-profit initiative by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard University.
- It will provide 16-week Computer Programming course in two parts aimed at computer programming students.
- The course on Thermodynamics is designed for mechanical engineering students and will last 12 weeks.
- Signals and Systems will be a 16-week course in two parts designed for electrical engineering students.
- The students will get an honour certificate of achievement certifying successful completion of the course after they have qualified in the tests.
- It will also offer training workshops for invited teachers on effective teaching for each of these three subjects under the Train 10,000 Teachers or T10KT programme of the institute.
Categories: Science and Technology Current Affairs - 2018