India celebrates 67th Republic Day
India celebrated 67th Republic day 26th January 2016 by displaying its cultural diversity, economic progress and military might were on display at Rajpath, New Delhi.
In the national Capital, President Pranab Mukherjee unfurled the national flag and took salute of the parade at Rajpath.
French President Francois Hollande was chief guest of Republic Day function. With this he beamce 5th highest dignitary from France to be Chief Guest of Indian Republic Day parade.
- The Parade was led by Lieutenant General Rajan Ravindran. In the parade, women empowerment was seen as women contingent of CRPF participated in the parade.
- Apart from this, women officer’s contingents of Indian Nay, Air Force and Coast Guard also participated as 2nd in command.
- For the first time in the history of Republic Day parade foreign contingent participated. It was 76-member contingent 35th Infantry Regiment of the French Army led by Lt Col Paul Bury.
- During the parade, country’s diverse cultural and social traditions, military prowess and achievements in different fields were showcased.
- Indian Army’s missile firing capability, Mobile Autonomous Launcher of the BrahMos Missile System, Infantry Combat Vehicle BMP II Sarath, T-90 Bhishma tank were also displayed.
- Indian airforce also showed its might with C-17 Globemaster, 5 Jaguar Deep penetration strike aircraft, 3 Sukhoi Su-30, 5 MiG 29 and other fighter choppers during fly.
- Army’s dog squad from the Remount Veterinary Corps also took part in the parade after a gap of 26 years.
- For the first time in the history of parade, the tableau of ex-servicemen of Army veterans was displayed in the parade.
- The tableaux from 6 Central Ministries and 17 states and departments also displayed the varied historical, cultural and architectural heritage of the country.