India, US ink pacts to enhance cooperation in health sector
India and United States have signed a series of agreements on health in order to enhance cooperation in health sector.
The multiple areas covered under such agreement include cancer research, medical infrastructure development and application of new diagnostic technologies.
Signed Agreements are
- MoU on cancer research, control, prevention and management: To develop collaborative research projects on population-based cancer control and implementation science.
- Apart from it will seek development of projects in the areas of pre-clinical model development, basic and epidemiological research, clinical research and oncology care delivery etc.
- Letter of Intent (LoI) on Anti-microbial Resistance Research: Set up mechanism of antimicrobial resistance which also include the applications of systems biology.
- It will also seek to comparative testing and assisting the validation of new diagnostics and development of novel interventions
- MoU on collaboration in Environmental, occupational Health and Injury Prevention and Control: Further enhance cooperation in the fields of environmental and occupational health along with injury prevention and control research.
- It will also seek to control research, infrastructure development, education and training and capacity-building for their reciprocal and mutual benefit.