India and Mauritius ink five MoUs to boost bilateral co-operation
India and Mauritius have inked 5 Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) to give new impetus to bilateral co-operation.
These MoUs were signed in Port Luis, Mauritius during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to island nation as part of three-nation tour of Seychelles, Mauritius and Sri Lanka for cementing strategic partnership with these island courtiers.
Following MoUs were signed
MoU in the field of Ocean Economy-
- It will provide an extensive framework for cooperation in the field of Ocean Economy between two countries for sustainable development in the Indian Ocean Region.
- It includes mutually beneficial cooperation for exploration and capacity development in the field of marine resources, green tourism, fisheries, research and development of ocean technology, exchange of experts and other related activities.
Programme for Cultural Cooperation between both nations for the year 2015-18
- The programme will provide enhanced bilateral cooperation between both nations in this field for the term 2015-2018. It will enhance people-to-people participation between the two countries
- The programme envisages exchange of cultural troupes, organization of cultural exhibitions, preservation of cultural heritage, training in fine arts, promotion of Indian languages, exchange of students, etc.
Protocol between both countries for the importation of fresh mango from India
- The aim of this Protocol is to facilitate Mauritius with importation of world-renowned Indian mangoes. This protocol is between India’s Union Department of Agriculture and Cooperation and Ministry of Agro-Industry and Food Security of Mauritius.
MoU for the Improvement in Air and Sea Transportation Facilities at Agalega Island of Mauritius
- It provides provisions for setting up and upgradation of infrastructure for improving sea and air connectivity at Agalega Island of Mauritius and Outer Island.
- These facilities will help to enhance the capabilities in safeguarding interests of the Mauritian Defence Forces in the Outer Island.
MoU on Cooperation in the field of Traditional System of Medicine and Homeopathy
- It will promote cooperation in the field of traditional system of health and medicine between the both countries.
- It envisages exchange of experts, joint R&D and recognition of the traditional systems of health and medicine, supply of traditional medicinal substances, in both countries.
- It also aims to promote and popularization of the various Indian traditional systems of AYUSH.