India and Morocco ink MoU for enhanced cooperation in healthcare
India and Morocco signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for enhanced cooperation in health sector. Through this framework MoU, both the countries can work together in identified areas of cooperation as both countries have much to offer to each other in the field of health.
Main areas of cooperation under MoU
- Communicable Diseases.
- Maternal, child and neonatal health.
- Hospital twinning for exchange of good practices.
- Drug Regulation and Pharmaceutical quality control.
- Training in administration and management of health services and Hospitals
- Non-communicable diseases (NCDs), including child cardiovascular diseases and cancer;
Besides, another MoU was signed between Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry and Marrakech Mohamed VI University Hospital, Morocco. Under it, both Institutes agreed to collaborate in field of telemedicine. The focus areas under it are Health Education, Tele-Health Care, technical support in controlling epidemics and support in rendering second opinion on various complicated cases.