India Post releases commemorative stamp on HAL’s 75-Year of Service
India Post has released a customised commemorative stamp on Hindustan Aeronautical Limited (HAL) in recognition of the company’s 75 years of service to the nation.
The stamp was released by Usha Chandrasekhar, Chief Postmaster General of Karnataka circle and VM Chamola, Director (HR).
It is for the first time India Post has issued a customised ‘My Stamp’ and HAL is the first organisation to feature on it.
The tagline of the customized stamp is ‘HAL: The force behind the forces’ and HAL’s platinum jubilee logo on it representing company’s contribution to the nation’s defence forces.
HAL’s special 75-year celebration logo signifies HAL’s journey over the past 75 years. It depicts HAL’s first indigenous aircraft programme from HT-2 to the light combat aircraft (LCA) Tejas.
About Hindustan Aeronautical Limited (HAL)
- HAL is state-owned aerospace and defence company based in Bangalore, Karnataka. It is governed under the management of the Union Defence Ministry.
- It pursues high-end research and development to create the country’s future aircraft and aeroengine technologies
- History: It was established on 23 December 1940 as Hindustan Aircraft Company by industrialist Walchand Hirachand Doshi.
- It was acquired by the British in 1942 and consolidated under the present name in 1964.
- Key Products: HAL is India’s sole military aircraft maker that manufactures Transport aircrafts, Fighter aircraft and Helicopters.
- Its production portfolio includes Sukhoi-30, Mirage 2000 fighters; the DRDO-ADA’s Light Combat Aircraft, trainer aircraft including the British-make Hawks, transport aircraft for the Forces and military helicopters.
- Its own product is the multipurpose Advanced Light Helicopter ‘Dhruv’ and its variations for combat and surveillance.
Categories: Governance & Politics