India ranked 117 in World Happiness Report 2015
India was placed at 117th position in the recently released World Happiness Report 2015 among the 158 studied nations.
The report was published by the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN).
Key facts from report
- Top five countries: Switzerland (1st), Iceland (2nd), Denmark (3rd), Norway (4th) and Canada (5th).
- Bottom five countries: Rwanda (154th), Benin (155th), Syria (156th), Burundi (157th) and Togo (158th).
- Other countries: United States (15th), United Kingdom (21th), Japan (46th) and China (84th).
- India is ranked below countries like Pakistan (81st), Bangladesh (109th), Ukraine (111th) and Iraq (112th).
About World Happiness Report
- The report aims at influencing government policy.
- The report is prepared based upon study undertaken by Gallup World Poll.
- The data is used to ranked nations based upon variables such as real GDP per capita, healthy life expectancy, corruption levels and social freedoms.