India ranks 6th in 2015 top-10 manufacturers list: UNIDO report
India has been ranked sixth among the world’s Top-Ten largest manufacturing countries in the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) 2015 Yearbook report.
In this edition of report India has jumped by three positions to sixth position compared to earlier ninth position in the previous report.
- Top 5: China, United States, Japan, Germany and South Korea.
- Indonesia was placed at the bottom at the tenth position.
- Indian Scenario: Manufacturing Value Added has grown by 7.6 per cent in 2015 compared to the year 2014.
- Quarterly index of industrial production (IIP) has shown 1% growth of manufacturing output in the fourth quarter of 2015 compared to the same period of the year 2014.
- Global Scenario: The global growth rate of manufacturing production has slowed to 2.8 per cent in 2015.
- This slowdown could be due to reduced manufacturing growth rates recorded by major developing and emerging economies.
- It is a specialized agency in the United Nations and is member of the United Nations Development Group (UNDG). It is headquartered in Vienna, Austria.
- Objective: Promotion and acceleration of industrial development in developing countries and countries with economies in transition and the promotion of international industrial cooperation.
Categories: Business, Economy & Banking