India ranks 89th in Global Talent Competitiveness Index 2015-16
India has ranked 89th globally in Global Talent Competitiveness Index (GTCI) 2015-16 list of 106 assessed countries in terms of talent competitiveness of its human capital.
This GTCI list was compiled by INSEAD business school in partnership with Adecco and Human Capital Leadership Institute of Singapore (HCLI). This index measures a nation’s competitiveness based on the quality of talent it can produce, attract and retain.
- In this edition of list top 20 scoring countries are all high-income countries. The top rankings were dominated by European countries.
- Top 10 in GTCI list: Switzerland (1st), Singapore (2nd), Luxembourg (3rd), United States (4th), Denmark (5th),Sweden (6th),United Kingdom (7th), Norway (8th),
- Canada (9th) and Finland (10th).
- Bottom 5 countries: Mali (105th), Tanzania (106th), Ethiopia (107th), Burkina Faso (108th) and Madagascar (109th).
- India’s scenario: It has slipped by 11 positions in this edition of list compared to previous rank of 78 in 2014-15 edition of list.
- Lower position indicates acute shortage of skilled workforce. It also ranks at last among BRICS members.