India successfully test fired long range nuke-capable Agni-IV missile
India successfully test fired a nuclear-capable Agni-IV strategic missile from the Wheeler Island off the Odisha coast near Dhamra in Bhadrak district, about 200 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.
About nuke-capable Agni-IV missile
- Type: Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile (surface-to-surface missile)
- Operational range: 4000 km
- Developed and tested by: Defense Research and Development Organisation(DRDO).
- Used by: Indian Army
- India’s second longest-range missile.
- Two stages of solid propulsion
- Payload with re-entry heat shield