Make in India Week concludes in Mumbai
The Make in India week concluded in Mumbai, Mumbai after it was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 13, 2016.
The week-long event has secured investment commitments worth 15.2 lakh crore rupees across the country. The host state Maharashtra alone accounted for 8 lakh crore rupees investment in diverse areas.
- The Make in India was country’s biggest show of manufacturing sector that had successfully brought manufacturing, design and innovation to the centre-stage.
- 102 countries were represented in the mega expo and more than 8 lakh people visited the expo and other events.
- A total of 150 events were organized under the banner of this event and more than 25 thousand people had participated in seminars.
- Make in India Week also provided platform for nearly eight thousand Business-to-Business (B2B), Business-to-Government (B2G) and Government-to-Government (G2G) meetings.
- 17 Indian states and 3 countries – Germany, Sweden and Poland had their own pavilions in the Make in India Centre.