India becomes world’s 7th most valued nation brand: Report
India was placed at 7th position in world’s most valuable nation brands report among the 100 assessed nations.
It was revealed in recently released annual report compiled by Brand Finance.
- India as a world’s seventh most valued nation brand is having its brand value to 2.1 billion dollars. It has moved by one position compared to year 2014
- It has brand value of 2.1 billion dollars with an increase of 32 per cent. It is highest surge among all the top-20 countries on the list.
- United States had topped this edition of list with a brand valuation of 19.7 billion dollars.
- Top 7 countries: United States, China, Germany, United Kingdom, Japan, France and India.
- Among BRICS nations: India is the second most valued brand country among BRICS emerging economies after China and followed by Brazil, Russia and South Africa.
World’s most valuable nation brands report of Brand Finance measures the strength and value of the nation brands of 100 leading countries. Its method is based on the royalty relief mechanism employed to value the world’s largest companies.
The valuation is based on 5 year forecasts of sales of all brands in each nation and follows a complex process in which Gross domestic product (GDP) is used as a proxy for total revenues.