Indian Air Force launches MY IAF Application
On August 24, 2020, the Indian Air Force launched MY IAF mobile application. The application provides career related information and job details to candidates.
The mobile application will hold details related to selection process, syllabus, training, payment and other relevant details. The launch is a part of Digital India initiative. It was developed by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC).
Other successful GoI applications
The Government of India has launched several mobile applications lately after launching Digital India Programme. Some of the most successful apps are as follows
- UMANG is Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance
- It was launched by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology in 2017.
- The user can avail multiple Government services under the app. This includes Aadhaar, Digilocker, Employees Provident Fund, e-Land records, pension, ePathshala, crop insurance, etc.
- Recently, the Indian Meteorological Department added weather services to the application. This includes rainfall information, weather, cyclone warnings, etc.
- BHIM is Bharat Interface for Money
- It was developed by National Payment Corporation of India
- It helps in cashless money transactions in India
- The user can check bank balance, send and receive money using the application.
- It offers cloud storage of important documents such as driving license, study certificates and other government service documents
- It was developed by Consular, Passport and Visa division of Government of India
- Using the application, the users can track the status of their passport
- The users can find nearest Passport Deva Kendra
- It provides real time police verification status
Indian Digital economy is expected to cross 1 million USD by 2022. The following are the progress and impacts of Digital India programme in the country
- Around 12,000 rural post offices were linked electronically
- Increased electronic transactions
- Around 2,74,246 km of optical fiber network connected 1.15 lakh Gram Panchayats.