Indian Air Force’s Electronic Maintenance Management System launched
Indian Air Force has launched its Electronic Maintenance Management System (e-MMS) Project, an automated military maintenance system.
It was inaugurated by the Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha at the Air Force Station in Pune, Maharashtra.
- The e-MMS project is one of the largest Maintenance Repair Overhaul (MRO) IT implementation in the world.
- The project has been designed and developed by the Indian IT giant Wipro. IAF had signed the contract for the project e-MMS with Wipro as a System Integrator (SI) in 2013.
- The e-MMS system has a central console that will help IAF to get rid of paper works and heavy logbooks.
- It seeks to seamlessly connect squadrons, wings, commands, and Air Headquarters after its implementation.
- It will transform IAF’s paper-based legacy maintenance system to an online system as it will be implemented in IAF’s hierarchy and functioning.
- It will help to transform work environment of IAF to become more efficient and also help to monitor the operational availability of all fleets and systems in real time at various hierarchical levels.
Categories: Business, Economy & Banking