Indian Ambassador to Tajikistan Biraja Prasad passes away
India’s Ambassador to Tajikistan Biraja Prasad passed away following a massive cardiac arrest.
He was the youngest Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer to be appointed as India’s Ambassador to any country.
About Biraja Prasad
- Biraja Prasad’s career as diplomat began after he had joined IFS in 1998.
- In his career, he had held different diplomatic assignments such as third secretary and then second secretary (Political) in Embassy of India, Moscow (Russia) from 2000 to 2002.
- He had also served as undersecretary (Russia) in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), New Delhi from 2004 to 2005.
- He also had worked as undersecretary (Europe West) from 2005 to 2007 in MEA where had handled work related to India’s bilateral relations with Russia, France, Germany and Spain.
- He had also worked as Deputy Chief of Mission in Embassy of India at Madrid (Spain).
Categories: Persons in News