Indian-American Entrepreneur Frank Islam selected for 2015 Uttar Pradesh Ratna Award
Indian-American entrepreneur and philanthropist Frank Islam (63) has been selected for the prestigious 2015 Uttar Pradesh Ratna Award.
He has been chosen for this award in recognition of his achievements and outstanding contributions in a foreign country. He will be bestowed upon with award by UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav at the inaugural UP Pravasi Diwas on January 4, 2016 in Agra.
About Frank Islam
- Frank Islam was born in Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh to a peasant father and had moved to US when he was only 15 years old. He is an entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist.
- In 1994, he had founded an Information Technology (IT) firm the QSS with him as the sole employee. Later the company employed more than 2,000 employees and its sales was US 300 million dollars before it was sold in 2007.
- Later in 2007, he spent rest of his life in philanthropy, both in India and the US. Currently, he heads the FI Invest Group a firm that he established after selling his IT Company.
- Books: He has written two well-regarded books on the American condition. They are Working the Pivot Points: To Make America Work Again (2013). Renewing the American Dream: A Citizen’s Guide for Restoring Our Competitive Advantage (2010).
- Awards and Honours: Martin Luther King Jr Award (2015).
About UP Ratna Award
The award is conferred by the Uttar Pradesh Government on the NRI who hails from state. It is bestowed on NRI for making significant contribution to the field of science, technology, medicine, culture, education, public service and commerce in foreign countries. The award carries shawl, citation certificate and memento.