Indian-American journalist Neela Banerjee felicitated with Edgar A Poe award
An Indian-American journalist Neela Banerjee was felicitated with a prestigious Edgar A Poe award along with of her colleagues from Inside Climate News.
They were felicitated by US President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle during the annual White House Correspondents Dinner held in Washington DC.
The award was shared by Neela Banerjee and three of her colleagues from Inside Climate News John Cushman Jr, David Hasemyer and Lisa Song and Terrence McCoy of the Washington Post.
About Neela Banerjee
- She is Washington based journalist Inside Climate News.
- She is graduate of Yale University and had served as a Moscow correspondent with The Wall Street Journal.
- Before joining Inside Climate News, she was energy and environmental reporter for the Los Angeles Times’ Washington bureau.
- In her journalistic career, she had covered global energy, Iraq War and other issues with The New York Times.
About Edgar A Poe Award
- Edgar A Poe Award is an annual award presented by the White House Correspondents Association (WHCA).
- It was established by the New Orleans Times-Picayune and Newhouse Newspapers in honour of their distinguished correspondent, Edgar A. Poe.
- The award honours journalistic work of national or regional significance and carries monetary prize of 2500 dollars.