Four Indian-Americans honoured with 2016 Great Immigrants Award in US
Four Indian-Americans have been honoured with prestigious Great Immigrants: The Pride of America Award 2016.
They are among 42 distinguished US personalities representing more than 30 countries of origin around the world honoured with this year’s award.
All of these personalities represent a wide range of personal immigration stories, and inspiring professional accomplishments.
Four Indian-Americans are
- Sunder Pichai: He is CEO of internet search engine giant Google.
- Hari Sreenivasan: He is broadcast journalist associated with the PBS NewsHour.
- Vikram Malhotra: He is associated with McKinsey.
- Bharati Mukherjee: He is award-winning author. She is professor emerita in the department of English at the University of California, Berkeley.
About Great Immigrants: The Pride of America Award
- The award is given by New York-based Carnegie Corporation on the occasion of Independence Day of United States i.e. 4th July.
- Carnegie Corporation’s founder Andrew Carnegie was one of pioneer American capitalist who had shaped the modern American industry and philanthropy. He was the son of impoverished immigrants who had settled in US.