Indian diplomat Abhay Kumar writes anthem for SAARC
In a bid to foster regional consciousness and bring member states closer, Kathmandu-based Indian diplomat Abhay Kumar composed an anthem for the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC). SAARC Anthem by Kumar will be translated in Hindi, English, Nepali, Bengali, Pashto, Urdu, Sinhala, Dzongkha and Dhivehi, languages spoken in the South Asian region.
Who is Abhay Kumar ?
- Indian poet, artist and diplomat.
- First secretary, Press, Information and Communication, Indian Embassy.
- The Earth Anthem written, produced and directed by him in eight languages.
- Wrote first ever South Asian Anthem
- Honoured with the SAARC Literary Award for his contribution to contemporary South Asian Poetry and nominated for the Pushcart Prize 2013.
- 2011: Gov2. award on behalf of the Public Diplomacy Division, Ministry of External Affairs.
Note – ‘ASEAN Way’ is ASEAN’s anthem , the European Union use ‘Beethoven’s Symphony No 9 (Ode to Joy)‘ and ‘Let’s All Unite and Celebrate Together’ is the anthem of the African Union.
Categories: Persons in News 2017