Indian Junior Hockey team wins 2015 Men’s Junior Asia Hockey Cup
India’s junior men’s hockey team has won the Eight edition of Men’s Junior Asia hockey cup.
In the finals played at Kuantan (Malaysia) India defeated arch rivals Pakistan 6-2 goals.
For Indian team Harmanpreet Singh scored highest four goals followed by Armaan Qureshi and Manpreet Singh scoring 1 goal each.
Captain of Indian team was Harjeet Singh, while Captain of Pakistan team was Ahmad Shakeel Butt.
In the history of this Cup which is considered as Asia’s Premier Junior tournament both arch rivals had reached the final of for record six times in the last 27 years. South Korea won the bronze medal by defeating Japan by 2-1 goal score in this edition of Cup.
Eight international teams had participated including India, Malaysia, Japan, China, Korea, Pakistan, Oman and Bangladesh in the 8ht Men’s Junior Asia Cup.
Other Awards of Cup
- Top goal scorer: Harmanpreet Singh of India. He had scored 14 goals.
- Man of the Match: Harjeet Singh (India).
- Best Player of the Tournament: Shahril Saabah (Malaysia).
- Best Goalkeeper of the Tournament: Vikas Dahiya (India).
- Fair Play Award: Japanese Team.