Indian Railways ink MoU with Haryana and Punjab to plant trees alongside Railway Track
The Union Ministry of Railways and Forest Department of Haryana & Punjab have inked Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for plantation of trees alongside Railway Track on Railway Land Boundary.
The MoU paves way for planting around 5 lakh trees alongside Railway Track on Railway Land Boundary prior to Monsoon Season.
- This agreement paves way improvements with regard to afforestation on railway land.
- With this Indian Railways can contribute substantially towards the Green India Mission.
- Forest department of respective states will provide expertise in afforestation as well as in maintenance and disposal of trees.
- The afforestation will help in protecting railway land from illegal encroachment.
- Tree plantation will be done without declaring such land as protected forest, thus it will be no hindrance to railway works and developmental projects.
Union Ministry of Railways has asked all Zonal railways to execute similar agreement between their zones and concerned State Forest departments as early as possible.