Indian Railways launches IRCTC Rail Connect app
The Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launched new passenger mobile application named ‘IRCTC Rail Connect app’ to promote ease of ticketing through digital transactions.
The new mobile-based application will replace the old existing IRCTC connect app. It has been developed for reserved booking and to increase the ease to users.
- The application has developed to bring the power of next generation e-ticketing system like high performance and enhanced security.
- It has features like 24/7 service with no time-based checks, synchronisation of mobile app with NGET (Next Generation e-Ticketing) for ticket booking.
- It also has simple and easy user interface and supports general, ladies, Tatkal and Premium-Tatkal quota.
- The sports other features like advanced security of self-assigned PIN (Personal identification number) to login without entering the username and password on each login.
- It will be integrated with IRCTC e-wallet for faster and hassle free transactions. It will also be inter-connected with IRCTC AIR, Food on Track mobile apps to facilitate booking of air tickets and food through e-catering.
- It will provide payment gateway to over 40 banks to facilitate payments through net Banking, credit or debit cards and wallets like Paytm, PayU, Mobikwik.