Six Indian women among Forbes’ 50 ‘Power Businesswomen’ 2015
Six Indian women entrepreneurs and businesswomen have been named by Forbes magazine as among the 50 ‘Power Businesswomen’ from Asia.
Indians included in the list are
- Arundhati Bhattacharya- Chairperson of State Bank of India (SBI). Forbes list referred her as the first lady of Indian banking and as chair of the Indian behemoth with 225 million customers.
- Chanda Kochchar- MD & CEO of ICICI Bank. Forbes list referred her as India’s second-most-powerful banker after Bhattacharya
- Akhila Srinivasan- MD of Shriram Capital.
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw- Chairman & MD of Biocon.
- Shikha Sharma- CEO of Axis Bank.
- Usha Sangwan- MD of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
About Forbes 50 Power Businesswomen list
The Asia’s 50 Power Businesswomen list showcases accomplishments of the region’s female entrepreneurs and executives for particular year.
The list includes women CEOs and founders, who are active in the upper echelons of the business world in Asia. These women wield significant business power and have access to robust financial resources.