India’s first Aviation Park to come up in Gujarat
Gujarat state government has decided to set up India’s first aviation park near Bagodara village in Ahmedabad district to strengthen the aviation sector.
In this regard, state government has given this task to Gujarat State Aviation Infrastructure Company Ltd (GUJSAIL) to carry out the project.
- It is an integrated aviation park that aims to provide a single platform for manufacturing activities and human resources related to the aviation sector.
- GUJSAI is planning to develop this park on Public Private Partnership (PPP) model.
- It will one-stop destination in the avenues of research, aerospace training, recreation and manufacturing.
- This aviation park will have slew of facilities including an airstrip, helipad, training school and space for setting up small manufacturing units among others.
- It has immense potential to create direct and indirect employment for highly-skilled resources in the area of aerospace and avionics.