India’s first Centre of Excellence on Internet of Things launched in Bengaluru
India’s first Centre of Excellence on Internet of Things (CoE– IoT) was launched in Bengaluru, Karnataka by the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM).
The centre was launched at NASSCOM’s Startup Warehouse in Bengaluru to encourage start-ups to come up with tech solutions centred on Internet of Things (IoT).
- The CoE– IoT has been jointly set up NASSCOM, Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DEITY) and Education and Research Network (ERNET).
- It is also supported by Cisco, Accenture, HCL Technologies, Intel, TCS, Qualcomm and L&T Technology Services, among others.
- It has been created as a catalyst for developing the IoT SME/Startup ecosystem of the country to scale for industrial and societal needs.
- The centre has capacity to incubate 40 startups and allows them to build a prototype and test them.
- The will also function as an enabler of Accelerating, Funding, Mentoring & Enterprise for the key emerging IoT startups who have been selected for incubation.
- The centre will focus on building solutions for applications such as agriculture, automobile, telecom, healthcare and consumer goods.