India’s Largest Solar Power Plant launched in Madhya Pradesh
Welspun Solar MP project, the largest Solar Power Plant of India launched at Bhagwanpur in Neemuch, Madhya Pradesh.
About Welspun Solar MP project
- The 151-megawatt photovoltaic plant.
- World’s 2nd largest & Asia’s Largest solar project (Single Plant).
- Constructed by: Welspun Energy Ltd (WEL).
- Location: Neemuch, Madhya Pradesh.
- Inaugurated by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
- Set up at a cost of Rs. 1100 crore on 305 hectares of land.
- Supply power at Rs. 8.05 a kWh.
- This Project will raise Indian solar capacity by 7%.
About Welspun Energy Ltd (WEL)
- Biggest developer of solar photovoltaic projects of India.
- Headquarters:New Delhi.
- Objective: To develop 1,000 MW of wind power projects by 2014.
The energy arm of Welspun Group is an independent power producer with plans to build grid connected 750MW of solar power & 1 GW of wind power plants across India.