Indo-China joint military exercise Hand in Hand 2014 concludes in Pune
The “Hand-in-Hand 2014”- joint military exercise of India and China for Counter Insurgency (CI) and Counter Terrorism (CT) concluded in Pune, Maharashtra. In the concluding ceremony, defence establishments of both countries agreed to continue such friendship efforts in future.
This joint military exercise provided platform for both nations to join of hands which will help at the global level not only for peace, but also for prosperity.
The exercise had started in Aundh Camp, Pune on 16th November 2014. It was 12 days exercise between both countries.
- The exercise was planned at the company level with respective battalion headquarters controlling the training. It was supervised by a Joint Directing Panel comprising senior officials of both the nations.
- The training and manoeuvres, were conducted at Aundh Military Cantonment, College of Military Engineering and firing ranges at Dighi, Pune
- In this exercise, Chinese counterpart performed wrestle skills and traditional Chinese martial arts including swordsmanship, sabre-play and Tai Chi Kung Fu Fan, while the Indian detachment performed traditional martial arts and saber dance and physical exercise.
- Helicopters of Indian Air Force (IAF) also took active part in the various maneuvers of the exercise.
- On the last day of the session, a joint tactical exercise was conducted where a cordon and search operation was carried out by troops.
- The joint teams of Indian and Chinese army men fought dummy terrorists using modern weaponry, helicopters and water boats.