Infosys Foundation Constitutes Aarohan Social Innovation Awards
The Infosys Foundation has constituted Aarohan Social Innovation Awards to reward individuals, teams or NGOs developing solutions for the social sector.
Aarohan Social Innovation Awards
- Aarohan Social Innovation Awards are aimed at nurturing the culture of innovation in the social sector to scale positive change across the country and thereby provide a platform to help the solutions scale.
- The awards would be given away in six categories spanning healthcare, destitute care, rural development, women’s safety and empowerment, education and sport and sustainability.
- The awards are part of the Infosys Foundation’s endeavour to support individuals and non-government organisations (NGOs) acting on their good intentions towards society and help them turn their ideas into action.
- Those projects which are from a non-commercial venture and has a functioning prototype and not a concept, idea or mock-up would be considered for the awards.
- The award will also provide winners with an opportunity for residential mentorship at IIT Hyderabad up to 12 weeks at its campus to help them develop their solutions and scale them for social impact.
Infosys Foundation established in 1996 is a not-for-profit initiative of Infosys Ltd. It aims to support the underprivileged sections of society by creating opportunities for building a more equitable society. The foundation supports programs in the areas of education, rural development, healthcare, arts and culture, and destitute care.
Categories: Awards & Honours