Intel Capital Invests Rs 1894.50 crore in Jio Platforms
United States-based Intel Corporation’s investment arm Intel Capital will invest Rs 1,894.50 crores in Reliance Industries Limited’s (RIL’s) subsidiary company Jio Platform. The announcement was made by Reliance Industries Limited on 3rd July 2020. With this investment, equity value in Jio Platforms rose to Rs 4.91 lakh crore, while Rs 5.16 lakh crore its enterprise value.
Rs 1894.50 of investment will translate to 0.39 percent of an equity stake for Intel Capital in Jio Platforms. In a matter of 11 weeks since 22nd April 2020, this was the 12th foreign investment in Jio Platforms. The 12 investments make a total of Rs 1,17,588.45 crores that have been raised in Jio Platforms. This investment also takes the total stake in Jio Platforms of foreign investors to 25.09 percent.
Investments in Jio Platform (from 22nd April 2020 to 2nd July 2020)
- 22nd April: Facebook 9.99 percent stake at Rs 43,573.62 crore
- 4th May: Silver Lake 1.15 percent stake at Rs 5,655.75 crore
- 8th May: Vista 2.32 percent stake at Rs 11,367 crore
- 17th May: General Atlantic 1.34 percent stake at Rs 6,598.38 crore
- 22nd May: KKR 2.32 percent stake at Rs 11,367 crore
- 5th June: Mubadala 1.85 percent stake at Rs 9,093.60 crore
- 5th June: Silver Lake: 0.93 percent stake at Rs 4,546.80 crore
- 7th June: ADIA 1.16 percent stake at Rs 5,683.50 crore
- 13th June: TPG 0.93 percent stake at Rs 4,546.80 crore
- 13th June: L Catterton 0.39 percent stake at Rs 1,894.50 crore
- 18th June: PIF 2.32 percent stake at Rs 11,367 crore
- 2nd July: Intel Capital 0.39 percent stake at Rs 1,894.50 crore