Iranian film Daughter wins Golden Peacock award at 47 IFFI
Iranian film “Daughter” has won the coveted Golden Peacock award at the 47th International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
It has been directed by Reza Mirkarimi. It is a family drama set in southern Iran. It brings out intergenerational conflict between a strict father and a young daughter.
Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore conferred these awards during the concluding ceremony of IFFI held in Goa.
Other Category Awards
- Special jury award: The Throne (South Korea) directed by Lee Joon-Ik.
- Best Actor Female award: Elina Vaska (Latvia) for Mellow Mud.
- Best Actor Male award: Farhad Aslani (Iran) for Daughter.
- Best Director award: Jointly-shared by Soner Caner and Baris Kaya for Turkish film “Rauf”.
- ICFT UNESCO Gandhi Medal Prize: Turkish director Mustafa Kara for his film “Cold of Kalandar”.
- Special Jury mention award: Tiffany Hsuig for the Korean movie “The Apology”.
- Centenary Award for the Best Debut Feature of the director: Pepa San Martin for the film “Ra Ra”.
Categories: Awards & Honours