IRCTC Next Generation e-Ticketing System: Ministry of Railways launches new user interface

Union Ministry of Railways has launched new user interface of its Next Generation e-Ticketing (NGeT) System on Indian Railway’s Online Travel Portal (www.irctc.co.in). Through NGeT system, Indian Railways new online ticket booking system provides user-friendly, easy and fast way of booking rail tickets by automating journey planning and purchase of tickets. It was launched as part of Union Government’s Digital India’ initiative to harness power of technology and in making lives easier for citizens of India.

Features of New User Interface of NGeT System

Using it user can now enquire and search trains and also check availability of seats without logging in the system, thereby saving time of the users. They also can now change font size of website for comfortable viewing.

It will provide enhanced class-wise, train-wise, destination-wise, departure and arrival time wise and quota-wise filters for facilitating customer while planning their journeys. It also arranges information about train including train no, train name, originating and destination station and distances between them, arrival and departure time and journey time on single screen information.

It also has new features for payments such as My Transactions which will help user to view their booked tickets based on Booking Date, Journey Date, Upcoming Journey and completed journey. It also has waitlist prediction which will allow user to get probability of wait-listed or RAC tickets getting confirmed.

It also has journey planner page, history of all journeys, bookings, cancellation. User can find out availability for entire Advance Reservation Period (of 120 days), except for few trains in improvised page. User can perform multiple activities through booked history with improved interface for cancellation of tickets, printing of tickets, request for additional SMS, selecting alternative train and change of boarding point if required.

Categories: India Current Affairs 2018

Tags:

Comments

• Jignesh Modi

Dear sir,
    IRCTC website not working amoothly.
    Please look into this matter

• S KRISHNAMURTHI

I WANT TO INCLUDE IRCTC NEW WEBSITE FOR TRAIN TICKET BOOKING.

• MD SAKHAWAT HOSSEN

I AM A REGISTERED MEMBER OF IRCTC FROM MANY YEARS AGO. BUT PRESENTLY NOT PERMITED TO LOGING. KINDLY HELP ME FOR RLYWAY TICKET BOOKING & CANCELATION.

• Mritunjay kr Singh

Dear sir,
    New IRCTC website not working properly , kindly correct these remedies.thanks

• kalyan singh

please make more accsessable for visually impared person

• S SRINIVASARAO

I WANT TO LINK AADHAR

• PRAMOD KUMAR SAMANTARAY

• PRAVEEN Kumar

How to change My new mobile number in id pkrana IRCTV Next generation.

• subhash chandra

not working at all . old web site should work till it is in beta mode.

• RNRAO

Reservation

• R S Panwar

New website does not contain so many features like SMS facility, booked ticket history etc. please look into this.

• amitava chowdhury

New IRCTC website not working properly , kindly correct these remedies.thanks…

• Jagdish Prasad

I have tried so many times to book my rail tickets but not succeed and the amount has been debited from my bank a/c. Old website was so useful to book the rail ticket. I could not understand why the old website is under construction and why there is need to launch new website which is not working properly at all.

• m k alam

Now irctc given very bad service.
    Pls…do correct irctc next generation site

• Md. Akhtar Imam

New website is not woking for booking of railway tickets. Please do something urgently.

• V mondal

• Avadhut Avasarikar

Old web site is better.

• ANIL ANTHONY

please include food (breakfast lunch dinner) in the ticket for long or short distance travel there should be option for travelers to book for food as most of the time the vendors dupe us by overcharging for the food which they are selling us
    please plan for this facility if possible
    thanks

• subrata das

irctc not acount login how to cancel my ticket please replay

• Anindya Biswas

Now IRCTC next generation e-ticketing system is being very critical do make as before. Thanks

• Anindya Biswas

Now IRCTC next generation e-ticketing system is being very critical, please
    make easy as before . Thanks

• vinod hansaria

Its one of the worst web site ever introduced by irctc. Remocve this with immediate effect and re start the old one. I am unable to cancel my ticket, please advise.

• R Suryanarayanan

I could not log in in thenew system. Dont know how to log in. where is the ID and password box. It is really dificult. Old system was good. It is not user friendly. I am worried how to book tickets.

• v selvaraj

Pl include an option to book unreserved tickets for onward travels in local trains after long-distance travel in express trains( example. If I were to go actually to Ambasamudram after completing the journey in Nellai express, I have to carry all my luggage to booking counter for purchasing ticket for local travel, as I cannot use UTS due to constraints imposed). this saves a lot of time and energy to buy tickets for local travels in local trains.

• ajay kumar sarkar

new irctc site was not satisfied.Old website is better than new.

• P.S.Subramanian

Dear Sir, My Login A.c has been blocked & I was told to use new system .but I am not able to open my booked ticketing History to take print out. tomorrow I am travelling to coimbatore by Kurla coimbatore Express.

• Ulhas Vaidya

Site problem always.
    Even at 120 days of reservation we can’t get accommodation.
    Opening booking problem always be there.
    Pls. improve the railway system only.

• Premasish Chatterjee

Absolute worthless site. Who has developed this – he should be punished for wasting our time .
    Earlier site was much much better. Tried for last four days and failed. Ultimately booked the ticket from i-Pad of one of my coleague after great difficulty.

• NAATTUDURAI

New IRCTC next generation e-ticketing system is being very critical and not user friendly. i could not enter my login directly. i couldn’t take print out my booked ticked because PDF formed is missing. kindly modify this version.

• Brajraj

Always there is difficulty in booking tickets with new site.

• George Joshua

New web site not fully tested – infuriating, exasperating:

1.> correct captcha, repeated message – incorrect captcha

2.> Unable to login to new irctc site with my login details.

3.> Advertisement in Booking tickets – why is there advertisement while booking tickets.

4.> Very disappointed with the new site.

5.> Unable to print the e-tickets booked, as I have not been able to login to the new irctc site.

6.> Old site user friendly: After login, you see your transactions, print, cancel, modify, your booked tickets.

7.> I need to print my e-tickets: HELP!!! No Login Page

• PRADEEP CHAUBEY

GOOD

• Prem Shankar Sahay

New website is all bullshit. I am not able to book my tickets after many efforts neither I am able to cancel my old tickets. Kindly revert back to the old one which was very user friendly.

• S M Amareshan

Please release old IRCTC website for easy method.

• Pravin Murlidhar Kulkarni

I was registerd with IRCTC for many years.But now it is not allowing to login.

• Srikant Mohanty

Its not working at all, please revert back to old one which was user friendly.

• G ramesh

Dear our honorable railway minister sir. It is i brought notice to you present irctc login web site is not openig i have trying from the last 15 days so far it is not functioning pleae look in to.

• Surendranath

Why this change ? Are you there to trouble the public? More brain should have been put before making such big changes? The department should make an enquiry as to why and what necessitated this change? .

• JAIN

GOOD

• Denny

who is responsible for this ?
    In spite of so many users expressing the plight of the IRCTC for login, booking or cancelling e-tickets, yet there is no resolution or response from Railways.

at least please revert to old system without any further delay.

• Ravi Ranjan Patel

New Web site is very critical and not useful IRCTC should make easy for public. making it difficult they use to more expensive for general public to use agent service for tckt. Booking. It was far better in old version.

• JYOTI PRAKASH SINHA (Lumshnong plant)

very confused, every time changing the site, in this site ticket is noot booking

• Vikram meena

Total wastage of time….i m trying to book a ticket since one hour…its very slow and two times amount deducted….but ticket not booked…very poor service

• SHANU BEG

DEAR SIR.

MY IRCTC IS ID WORKING ON MOBILE. BUT NOT WORK IN MY SYSTEM.
    PLS TELL ME WHAT ID DO.

• Suresh T Jethani

Useless now, even cant update profile, OTP not being received for updation. even OTP received on mail not working.

• BREJESH

• B.Leena

I had already registered,but for new version the old Kia not accepting. So I created a new one in which phone number is not accepting. So I gave a new phone number . But still after completion it is not going into login page. So many times asking user name and password . Very irritating . What is the use of your facilities in railways.

• jitendra kumar verma

Yes very

• P Saji Kumar

Mr. IRCTC!!! Is your new Web working properly?
    Why you give trouble on logging?

Don’t get hates and low rating from your costumers. … .

• Maushami

New irctc is not opening only, plz guide urgently.

• Yogesh Chavan

Now IRCTC next generation e-ticketing system is being very critical, please make easy as before . Thanks…

• A VISITER

REMOVE THE AD FROM TOP LEFT CORNER OF THE PAGE! YOU COULD LOSE MORE THAN EARN FROM SUCH MISGUIDING ADS.. PEOPLE WOULD CLICK ON IT THINKING IT’S FOR TRAIN / FLIGHT TICKETS ON IRCTC.

• SURYA MURTHY

This new web site IRCTC is not good and unable to access easily. so kindly change in to old version only. It is very confused and options are not good , and each time the site is closing itself .

• D B Parakh

Site not opening

• D B Parakh

Site not working

• Abby

Will some responsible person from Railways answer the questions, and clarify for the miserable state of affairs in ticket booking.

• hemant deore

how to cancel my ticket on nxt gen site

• CHANDRA DHAR

VERY VERY WORST WEBSITE – PROGRAMMING LEARNERS CREATE SUCH TYPE OF WORST WEBSITE. EVEN AFTER MENTIONING TO AND FRO PLACES AND DATE IT IS NOT BOOKING AND JUST HOLDING THE SCREEN AS A STRANGER – IT WORST AND WORST. – EARLIER IRCTC BOOKING SITE WAS VERY GOOD AND IT WAS VERY FAST. WHEN IT WAS WORKING SMOOTHLY, WHY THE RAILWAYS CHANGED THIS SITE. IT IS LIKE G.S.T. TROUBLING INDIANS.

PLEASE TAKE IMMEDIATE STEPS TO RECTIFY THE PROBLEMS. OTHERWISE LAKHS OF PASSENGERS WILL SUFFER DUE TO THIS BLOODY NEW INTRODUCTION

• MAHESH VERMA

Latest site is not familiar,How to file TDR,History of ticket booked, How to Cancel the booked ticket etc.

• Paras Nath Dixit

If was nesseccry to opt new sytem witch does not work properly i was booking tickets on13/618 from new delhi to kanpur and twice my money was deducted without acknowledgement of tikrts how ever my money was returne back but new window does not work correctly as the old one was working

• PRABHAT VERMA

Dear Sir,
    Unable to print e-tickets booked, as I have not been able to login to the new IRCTC site.

• Mr. Suresh B Chunekar

I want to link Aadhar – IRCTC

• bkumar

bad…bad…and very very bad

• V Venkatesan

The new version of irctc online booking is very cumbersome process.The system may please replaced

• Ajayakumar K

very very difficuilt to book ticket In online
    new site is not all working

• Stephen Jayard

New website is not at all user-friendly; when we open irctc site dozens of other sites are opening and we dont get what we want.
    thanks

• jitender

old is better boss ticket not booking do somthing

• Harikumar

IRCTC is now not user friendly. The site is putting people into confusion. This is to help some other vested interests and not for supporting the common man. It is high time this is rectified. Otherwise the common man will react through the ballot. Common man is being forced to approach agents for help in booking tickets thereby incurring extra expenditure on commission to corporate. Urgent steps should be taken to correct the mistakes.

• GEETA

VERY BAD SERVICE

• tirumalarao k

Pl stop new version of irctc ticket booking website. I am unable to book tickets.