Jharkhand gets first Mega Food Park at Ranchi
Jharkhand’s first mega food park was inaugurated by Union Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal at village Getalsud in Ranchi district of state.
This park is promoted by Jharkhand Mega Food Park Pvt. Ltd and seeks to give an impetus to the growth of the food processing sector in the state.
- The mega food park has been set up with the project cost of 114.73 crore rupees in an area of 51.50 acres.
- It will have facilities of multi chamber cold storage, vegetable dehydration line and dry warehouse.
- It will also have facilities like modern quality control and testing laboratory and other processing facilities for fruits & vegetables.
- This park has a central processing centre (CPC) located at Ranchi and 6 primary processing centres (PPCs) at Lohardaga, Hazaribagh, Gumla, Belchampa, Domchach and Patratu to provide strong backward linkages.
- It will help in providing better prices to farmers, add value to agricultural produce, reduce wastage of perishables and create huge opportunities for employment and entrepreneurship for the youth in the state.
- The mega food park is expected to provide direct and indirect employment to about six thousand people and will benefit about 25,000-30,000 farmers in its catchment area.
Categories: States Current Affairs - 2017