Justice Mohan M Shantanagoudar sworn in as Chief Justice of Kerala HC
Justice Mohan M Shantanagoudar was sworn in as Chief Justice of Kerala High Court as per Article 219 of the Constitution.
He was administered oath to office by the Governor Justice (Retd) P. Sathasivam at a function held at Raj Bhavan. Prior to this appointment he was serving as the acting chief justice of the Kerala High Court.
About Justice Mohan M Shantanagoudar
- He was born on 5 May 1958 in Chikkerur, Haveri District, Karnataka.
- Initially, he had practiced at the Karnataka High Court as an advocate, later appointed as the Additional Judge in 2003.
- He was elevated as a permanent judge of the Karnataka High Court in September 2004. He was appointed as the acting chief justice of the Kerala High Court in August 2016.
Justice Rakesh Ranjan appointed as Chief Justice of Manipur High Court
- Besides, acting Chief Justice of Manipur High Court, Justice Rakesh Ranjan Prasad was sworn-in as Chief Justice of the High Court.
- He was administered oath of office by State Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla at Raj Bhavan in Imphal.