Kailash Satyarthi selected for 2015 Harvard Humanitarian of the Year Award
Nobel Peace laureate Kailash Satyarthi has been selected for the prestigious 2015 Harvard Humanitarian of the Year Award.
He has been awarded this award in recognition for championing the cause of child reform and ending all forms of violence against children.
About Harvard Humanitarian of the Year Award.
- It is an annual award given by US based Harvard University.
- It recognise the works and deeds individuals who have improved the quality of lives and inspired people to greater heights.
- Some of the recipients of are Kofi Annan, Boutros Boutros-Ghali and Javier Perez etc.
About Kailash Satyarthi
- He is an adherent of Gandhian philosophy and as upheld Mahatma Gandhi’s practice of engaging and conducting peaceful protests against the exploitation of children for financial gain.
- He is the founder of the Bachpan Bachao Andolan (Save the Childhood Movement). Through his NGO, he campaigns for protection of child rights and to abolish illegal human trafficking.
- Satyarthi ss the eighth Nobel laureate from India. He had won Nobel Peace Prize in 2014 and shared it with Malala Yousafzai.
- He was at the forefront of driving few agendas Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which were announced at United Nations SDG Summit in September 2015.