Kailash Vajpeyi, Renowned Hindi poet passes away
Kailash Vajpeyi, renowned Hindi poet passed away on 1 April 2015 in New Delhi due to cardiac arrest.
He was one of the prominent poets in a group known as San saatth ke baad ki kavita (Post-1960 poetry) that had shaped Hindi literature.
About Kailash Vajpeyi
- Kailash Vajpeyi was born at Hamirpur district of Uttar Pradesh in 1936.
- He had completed his PhD in Hindi at the age of 24. He began his career as a journalist and later taught at Delhi University.
- In his entire career, 28 books were published including 14 volumes of poetry.
- Some of his notable works includes Sankrant, Dehant Se Hatkar, Teesra Andhera and Sufinama.
- Awards- He was conferred with Sahitya Akademi award (2009) for his work Hawa mein hastakshar (Signature in the air). Lucknow University had awarded him with Vachaspati title.