Kamal Nath appointed as new ex-officio chairman of Planning Commission
Prime Minister’s office has re-constituted the Planning Commission by appointing parliamentary affairs and urban development minister Kamal Nath as the new ex-officio member of the Plan panel in place of rural development minister Jairam Ramesh.
Other ex-officio members are:
- Finance Minister P Chidambaram
- Agriculture minister Sharad Pawar
- Home minister Sushilkumar Shinde
- Health minister Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Chemicals and fertilisers minister M K Alagiri
- Communications minister Kapil Sibal
- Law minister Ashwani Kumar
- HRD minister M M Pallam Raju
- Minister of state for planning Rajeev Shukla
National Development Council (NDC) will be headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. The Council is the supreme policy-making body in the country. Besides central ministers, the Commission’s members include all Chief Ministers and regular members.
Categories: Persons in News