Kerala Government lays foundation stone for Global Artists Village
Kerala government has laid foundation stone for the first government-run ‘Kalagramam’ i.e Global Artist village in the country at Kakkananpara in Kannur district of Kerala.
The foundation stone was laid by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
Key facts of Global Artists Village
- Global Artists Village i.e. Kalagramam is a project planned by the Kerala Lalithakala Akademi.
- This planned facility will provide artists from different parts of the country and abroad to stay and work in the place surrounded by swathes of scenic beauty.
- The art village project will be implemented in phases and the first phase of the project will be completed in four months.
- The art village project envisages construction of four living rooms, mess house, conference hall and other amenities in the first phase of the project. It will provide accommodation facilities for the artists visiting there.
- It is being developed on a 3.5-acre plot. State government has allocated Rs.75 lakh for the project and further going to extend it to Rs.3 crore.
Categories: Art & Culture