Kerala’s popular Kadhaprasangam artistes and comedian V D Rajappan passes away
Kerala’s popular Kadhaprasangam (story telling) artiste and Malayalam film actor V D Rajappan passed away in Kottayam. He was 70.
He was best known for his comic roles and for his unique style of stand-up comedy. He was known for his unique style of presenting Kadhaprasangam in a satirical manner.
About V D Rajappan
- He had started his film career in 1982 with the 1982 film Kakka and since then has acted in more than 81 films, 32 parody kathaprasangam pieces and in more than 6000 stage performances.
- He acted in movies like Kakka, Kattupothu, Kuyilinethedi, Kusruthikkattu and Engane Nee Marakkum. His last movie was Ok Chacko Cochin Mumbai.
- His memorable comedy roles as Kadhaprasangams were seen in Kumari Eruma, Priye Ninte Kura, Mak Mak, Pothu Puthri, Amittu and Ennennum Kurangettandeh.
- He was best known for composing comic pieces with animals as characters. Priye Ninte Kora, Pothuputhri, Chikayunna Sundari were some among them.
- He is considered as the God father of Parody songs in Malayalam.
Kadhaprasangam: It was a hugely popular performing art in Kerala. It is performed by just one person who tells the story by acting, speaking and singing and at times playing musical instruments as well.
Categories: Persons in News