KN Vyas appointed as Director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
Distinguished scientist KN Vyas has been appointed as Director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) for a term of three years
His appointment was confirmed by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) presided by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
He succeeds Shekar Basu who was appointed as Atomic Energy Secretary and Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) in October 2015.
About KN Vyas
- Prior to this appointment, Mr Vyas was working as the associate director at BARC.
- He has made outstanding contributions in the area of design and development of a novel fuel.
- He is a recipient of numerous Science and Technical Excellence awards.
About Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
- The BARC is India’s premier nuclear research facility based in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- It is a multi-disciplinary research center with extensive infrastructure for advanced research and development.
- Its R&D covers the entire spectrum of nuclear science, engineering and related areas. But BARC’s core mandate is to sustain peaceful applications of nuclear energy, primarily for power generation.
Categories: Persons in News