Latest telecom subscriber database released by TRAI
India’s telecom subscriber base expanded marginally to reach 90.44 crore in July 2013, as per latest telecom subscription data from TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India).
- Total number of subscribers: 904.46 million
- Net addition: 1.37 million subscribers during July
- Subscriber base from Urban areas: 548.85 million
- Subscriber base from Rural areas: 355.60 million
- Teledensity: 73.54 (Out of this urban: 60.68% and rural: 39.32%)
- Mobile Number Portability (MNP) requests: 97.82 million at end of July 2013 (was 95.59 million at June 2013 end)