LAWASIA Human Rights Conference 2019
The first LAWASIA Human Rights Conference was organised by LAWASIA, in association with the Bar Association of India. The LAWASIA Human Rights Conference 2019 was held between 9 – 10 February 2019.
The conference aims to provide a unique opportunity for lawyers and associated professional members to exchange insights and expertise on topics of significant importance to all.
The theme of the LAWASIA Human Rights Conference 2019 was “State Power, Business and Human Rights: Contemporary Challenges”. The conference explored a wide range of human rights issues of relevance in the Asia Pacific region, including:
- Gender, Sexuality and Human Rights.
- New Technologies, Privacy and Mass Surveillance.
- Experiences and Challenges of Human Rights Lawyers.
- Aggressive Policing and Human Rights.
- Freedom of the Press in the Digital Age.
- Cross-border Migration & its Conflicts.
- Climate Change, Water Conflicts & Human Rights.
- Business and Human Rights.
LAWASIA is a regional association of lawyers, judges, jurists and legal organisations and it advocates for the interests and concerns of the Asia Pacific legal profession.
LAWASIA provides a platform to promote the cross-jurisdictional exchange of legal knowledge; as a voice of the legal profession; and as a conduit for encouraging adherence to mutually-held principles of the rule of law, professional integrity and the protection of human rights.
LAWASIA’s central aim is to strengthen professional and business relations among law associations, lawyers, the private sector and government representatives in the Asia Pacific.
Categories: Important Days and Events