Legendary hockey player Leslie Claudius no more
One of the legends of hockey who won India three Olympic gold medals, Leslie Claudius, passed away.
Leslie Claudius: (March 25, 1927 to December 20, 2012)
- Indian hockey player from Bilaspur. He was an Anglo-Indian.
- Member of India’s generation of hockey that won the Olympic gold in 1948, 1952 and 1956.
- First hockey player who played over one hundred games for India.
Awards and Honors:
- Padma Shri in 1971.
- Entered Guinness Book of World Records along with Udham Singh for having won the most number of Olympic medals in field hockey.
- For the 2012 Olympics the Bushey tube station was renamed after Claudius in the special "Olympic Legends Map".