Lithium-ion cell technology Transfer by ISRO
ISRO has selected 10 companies for the Lithium-ion cell technology Transfer after the examination of Request for Qualification which contained a brief description of the qualification aspects, technology transfer process, timelines and other relevant details.
Firms Selected for Technology Transfer
The firms selected by ISRO for the technology transfer are:
- Amara Raja Batteries Limited, Chittoor.
- Bharat Electronics Limited, Pune.
- Carborundum Universal Limited, Kochi.
- Exicom Tele-Systems Limited, Gurgaon.
- GOCL Corporation Limited, Hyderabad.
- Jyoti CNC Automation Limited, Rajkot.
- National Aluminium Co Limited, Bhubaneswar.
- Sukhbir Agro Energy Limited, New Delhi.
- Tata Chemicals Limited, Mumbai.
- Thermax Limited, Pune.
Lithium-ion cell technology
The Lithium-ion cell technology has been developed by Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC). After the successful deployment of indigenous lithium-ion batteries in various missions of ISRO, the VSSC will now transfer the technology to the industries to establish production facilities for producing lithium-ion cells to cover the entire spectrum of power storage requirements of the country.
The progress in Li-ion battery technology research has made it the favourite power source for electric and hybrid electric vehicles owing to its high voltage, high energy density, long life cycle and high storage characteristics. Li-ion batteries find wide application in electronic gadgets, telecommunication and industrial applications as well as in aerospace.
Categories: Science & Technology