Madhya Pradesh selected for Krishi Karman Award for year 2014-15
Madhya Pradesh has been conferred the Union Government’s prestigious Krishi Karman Award in maximum food grains production category for year 2014-15 for the 4th consecutive year.
MP has been shortlisted for the award in the Integrated Agri Production category for the year 2014-15. It has produced record 328 lakh tonnes in the mentioned period compared to 280 lakh tonnes 2013-14 period.
Earlier the state had won this award in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. The state will get an amount of five crore rupees along with Krishi Karman award.
- Chhattisgarh: Chosen for achieving growth in production of pulses.
- West Bengal: Chosen for good agriculture production.
- Odisha: Chosen for being the best performing state in overall foodgrains production among category-II states.
About Krishi Karman awards
- Krishi Karman awards are given to Best performer States for raising country’s food grain production.
- These awards were instituted in 2010-11 for recognising the meritorious efforts of the states in foodgrains production.
- It comprises of three awards for total food grain production and four awards for production of crops that constitute the food grain viz. rice, wheat, coarse cereals and pulses.
Categories: Awards & Honours