Maharashtra government signs MoU with L&T for setting up CCTV based surveillance in Mumbai
Maharashtra government has signed an MoU with engineering and construction major Larsen & Toubro (L&T) for setting up closed-circuit television (CCTV) based surveillance in Mumbai.
The MoU worth Rs 949 crore was signed by the company and Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis in Mumbai.
- As part of new security cover to Mumbai, CCTVs will guarantee safer city to its citizens.
- This system will not only support Mumbai police to maintain law and order but will also help to improve traffic management.
- It will also aid in deterring, detecting and dealing with criminal activities.
- The installation work will be carried out in three phases and Mumbai city will get security cover of 6,000 CCTVs by September 2016.
- In the first phase, installation of CCTVs in south Mumbai will be covered in November 2015, while north and east Mumbai will be covered by April 2016.
- In the final and third phase, central and west Mumbai will be covered by September 2016.
- Two command centres for the project will be set at Mumbai commissioner’s office and in Kalina in suburban Mumbai.