Maharashtra to observe Industries Day on September 17
Maharashtra government has announced that, September 17 (on Vishwakarma Jayanti) will be observed as Industries Day in each district.
Significance of Day
- It will be observed as part of State government’s effort to provide balanced growth to existing small, medium and large scale enterprises.
- It will also render assistance to state government for setting up new industries to boost the state’s financial health.
- On this day, all districts in state will exhibit their growth potential and opportunities received for their development in the year.
- It will provide state government single platform to ensure that its policies benefit people at the grass-root level with regards to industrial growth as well as provide employment opportunities.
- In each district of state, a committee will be set up under district collectors for holding the Industries Day celebrations.
- On this day, awards to industries at the district level will be given for their exemplary performance.
Categories: States Current Affairs - 2017