Malayalam actor Kalpana passes away
Famous Malayalam film actress Kalpana Ranjani passed away in Hyderabad, Telangana due to a heart attack. She was 51.
She was best known for her work especially for her comic roles in South Indian films, primarily Malayalam and Tamil films.
About Kalpana Ranjani
- She was born on 5 October 1965 in Kerala to theater artists Chavara V.P.Nair and Vijayalakshmi.
- She was known mononymously as Kalpana and had started off her career as a child artist in the film Vidarunna Mottukal in the late 1970s.
- Her debut as a mainstream actor was in the film Pokkuveyil (1980). Since then she had acted in more than 300 movies in various South Indian languages.
- Among her other Malayalam hits are Karnavar, Ennum Eppuzhum, Dolfins, Bangalore Days and Spirit.
- Some of her Tamil hits are Idhaya Thiruda, Kakki Sattai, Sathi Leelavathi and Chinna Veedu. She had published her memoirs Njan Kalpana.
- Awards: She had received the best supporting actress at the 60th National Film Awards for her performance in Thanichala Njan (2012).
Categories: Persons in News