Malaysia’s Nicol David sets world No.1 squash record
Malaysia’s female professional squash player Nicol David has set a new record by topping the world squash rankings for 106th month.
She is first Asian to achieve this milestone and has overtaken previous 105th month record set by four time world champion Susan Devoy from New Zealand which was set in February 1993.
For first time she had topped Women’s Squash Association (WSA) list in January 2006.
- She is considered as one of the greatest female squash players of all time and first squash player to win the World Junior title twice, in 1999 and 2001
- Her glittering professional squash career includes a record of eight World Championship titles, two Commonwealth Games gold medals and four Asian Games gold medals.
- 8 World Championship titles: 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014.
- She also has won 8 Asian Squash Championship in year 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2011.
- She was WSA Player of the Year on seven occasions i.e. from 2005-2010 and 2012.
- She was also appointed as United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) National Goodwill Ambassador for Malaysia.