Max Verstappen becomes youngest Formula 1 winner
Red Bull F1 driver Max Verstappen (18) from Netherlands created history by becoming Formula One’s youngest race winner.
He achieved this feat after winning the 2016 Spanish Grand Prix, which was his debut race for Red Bull at the age of 18.
He was able to win the Spanish Grand Prix by maintaining lead position after Mercedes teammates Lewis Hamilton and Nico Roseberg crashed into each other in the 1st lap of race.
About Max Verstappen
- Born on 30 September 1997 in Hasselt, Belgium.
- He is the son of former F1 driver Jos Verstappen.
- So far, he is the youngest driver to compete in the history of the F1 after he made his debut at age of 17 years, 166 days,at the 2015 Australian Grand Prix for Toro Rosso.
- He had entered 2015 F1 season with Italian team Toro Rosso. In 2016 season, he was promoted by Red Bull as a replacement for Daniil Kvyat.
- Verstappen is also the youngest driver to lead a lap during a Formula 1 Grand Prix and also the youngest driver to secure a podium.